View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:42 PM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
That's fine, I want a little more bang in the second rd. Finn was a great pick for instance, has top 4 D man written all over him.
We all do. And I also think Finn have a bright future ahead of him, but a lot can happen.
He could end up being the next Keith or the next nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Blacker and Ryan are useless in terms of changing the fortunes of a franchise. By the time they're done developing in 2017 or whatever, you will have two players who are no better than Ian White and probably David Steckel ever were.
But if we can have a player in the organization from age 18 to age 23 when he starts playing for the Leafs that player will be comfortable with the system we play, the coaches will know his strengths and weakness a lot better then if he was picked up from free agency. And hopefully he will have formed a bound with the other drafted players who he by then know really well even if they have not played together. I think a strong team spirit with a good system beats any team based on individual skills quickly assembled through trades and free agency.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote