View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
jw2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
I tweeked my knee in practice this week, and wanted to get some input from others who may have suffered a similar injury. The injury resulted from getting kneed on the outside of my knee, which caused my knee to buckle inward a bit. It hurt like heck for a minute (7 on a 10 scale?) and I briefly couldn't put weight on it, but was able to limp around on it after minute or so. The good news is the pain was localized toward the outside of the knee and not on the inside which would imply MCL damage. I limped around for a couple of days and the pain is gone, but I still have some discomfort and my knee feels "loose". I have a game tomorrow night and am trying to determine if I might make it worse if I play.
Did you end up playing?
How is the progress?

My answer would have been - rest. If its serious enough to ask on the forum, its serious enough to take a few nights off. Also, how old are you?
I had a similar issue in HS. I had to rest for almost a month, and came back with limited playing time the first week or so. I've always had 'bothersome' knees (I'd say bad, but no significant injuries). When mine feels loose, I do rest as much as possible. I also wrap a knee if it's feeling that way. Only time I experience issues now is from overuse or running on pavement.

jw2 is online now   Reply With Quote