Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
sure there are other options, but i also have a right to disagree with them as well, i just dont think ill understand the point of not taking offense with at least 3 of the 4 picks when you're not scoring on the NHL level, and teams dont look like they will have guys who can score in the system level teams
So what's to guarantee that the first three offensive players you pick rather than a guy like Jones improve the CBJ and their scoring woes? There isn't one. You take the BPA and move on. Offense isn't generated from the guys playing LW, C, RW...it takes 5 skaters to be successful on the ice. This team has sucked at transition for a decade. we're filling that spot now. You can fill in with forwards that achieve your designed team goals but there is no guarantee that whomever is picked at 1, 2 or 3 will be a great player. Odds remain the same, they've never played in the NHL and you don't know how an 18 year old will turn out. If you believe Jones is the best player, you take him.

Personally I am hoping for McKinnon and the big Russian kid (Nichyushin ???) after that, I really don't care.