View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Outside of the scoring part (which there is some argument about), isn't that essentially Sheppard or Galliardi? Or heck, Tim Kennedy? Shep and Galli are both supposed to have Top-6 potential. I'm sure Desi can fill in that 4th-line wing spot if needed.

Would I like someone like Seto or similar player back to add scoring depth? Sure. But I'm not giving up Demers for them. Quite honestly, the Sharks have enough assets at the moment that the ONLY trade they should be looking at is Murray + Clowe for younger, faster, 2nd-line forward who isn't as physical as Clowe, but who is more of a goal-scorer.

If they are going to deal defense, they can move players like Braun, Irwin, or Tennyson for someone like Sheppard if necessary. A player with the skill but who has other issues that makes them a bit of a risk.
He's thinking more of a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Galiardi is a strictly bottom 6 guy at this point and I'd like to see Sheppard back with Worcester continuing to find his game again. Neither are more than adequate 3rd liners, and many would argue they are less than adequate. Sharks bottom 6 has 3 points this year...

When the top line scoring inevitably slows down the lack of scoring depth will become apparent. Hopefully Gomez can help with that, but CHimera's (or a similar player) about 30 pts/year would help.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote