View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
1. Yes, I absolutely think Bylsma's defensive expectations for Malkin are different than any other coach he's played for or what they'd be with 90% of the teams in the league. It speaks to coaches keeping players accountable.

2. I'm glad that Sid and Geno like Bylsma. I'm sure they like him every day of the year but one. Scotty Bowman's players used to say the opposite about him.

3. Yes, I'm glad Bylsma is a good coach. Lots of good coaches both in and out of the league. Is he the right one because he's a good one? Ken Hitchcock, IMO, is a good coach. He's been the right one in three places, and then the wrong one in two of them (he'll one day be the wrong one in STL too). I trust that isn't too complex to follow.
Bold 1 -Once again, Geno doesn't have a different defensive responsibility than any of our other centers. Is that responsibility a little different than under Therrien? the answer is not that much.

Bold 2 -As for Scotty Bowman, there is a reason that he didn't last that long here (Mario). Also why Therrien was let go after going to a cup final (Sid and Geno)

Bold 3 - So if a coach doesn't win a cup basically every so many years, that means he is the wrong coach for that team. Well I guess every year 29 teams managed to keep the wrong coach on their bench. I think you have very little knowledge of just how difficult winning the cup can be. We are very spoiled here due to past success. Hitchcock may never win in St Louis, but it doesn't mean that he was the wrong coach. Way too many other variables like PLAYERS, and injuries to players, and running into a hot goalie in the playoffs, etc, etc. If you have a coach that knows the game, can teach the game/system to his team, and the team plays hard for that coach, that coach is the right coach regardless if you win the cup or not.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote