View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
I think its fair to say we haven't gotten a superstar in any round for a very long time.

Kadri could be really good but I think superstar is pushing it. Rielly might be the exception but...well, we'll see. Leaf luck isn't on his side.
This is the whole issue with trusting these clowns to a rebuild.

Imagine its draft day 2013, and we have a top three pick, and Mackinnon, Jones, Drouin, Lindholm, Barkov, Monahan are all available, and we can trade up, trade down, stand pat.

We can either make a package top move up to number one, we can just see where the chips land or trade down a couple of spots to gain an extra first in the middle of the draft.

Do you trust that the Leafs scouting staff will be able to make the right call as to a) whom the best player in the bunch are and b) make the calculation whether the difference between 1st overall and 3rd overall is worth X compensation and c) whether if they move down a couple of spots they can still get the best of the bunch while adding a valuable asset?

This kind of dilemma is tantamount to Minnesota sitting there in 1983 with Lafontaine, Yzerman, Barrasso and Brian Lawton on the board.

I have zero faith in Morrison and company making the right judgement.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote