View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
He loses far too many battles, and loses the puck far too much to have "tremendous puck control skills." That is an area he has to work on.

Silf has been hyped as a Calder candidate by this board for awhile now, but so far he has not looked fast or skilled enough to be anything more than an average 2nd/3rd line winger in his first year. Granted he is just getting started, but I don't see him developing into the star forward many here thought he would become.
nah, he can handle the puck really well in traffic along the boards and make room for himself to pass, he picks up pucks really well on passes.
I see what you are saying about losing the pucks but it seems like a different thing to me, you can tell the skill is there because he does it regularly - what i think he needs to do is get in tune with the speed of the game a little more and i think that only comes with time like every other rookie.
I could see him heating up as the season goes on but realistically in a full season i think 40-50pts (50pts may be a stretch) would have been achievable and that range is above average 2nd line and bottom 1st line point totals.

there are also different types of stars.
if his ceiling is 60-65pts and plays high quality defence I'd say that's a star in the NHL.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote