View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Nystrom's game, despite scoring 16 goals, isn't tied to putting up points. I really like how he has played this year, but I can't think of a single scoring chance that sticks out in my mind. He's had some shots, but nothing dangerous.

Smith's game is all about creating chances, and that's what he's doing. In the AHL, he started the season looking really good, but he was just not finishing. Willie trusted him, and stuck with Reilly. We all see the major improvements he made from having a coach develop a player the right way.

That's why I only want to see a guy play. I'm not going to be pissed if Smith is in the AHL. I think he belongs in the NHL, but this type of mismanagement is not acceptable IMO. You either commit to the prospects or you don't. You can't be half ass about it.
See this is a reasonable argument. If you think he'll be better off with more minutes in the AHL versus less in a bottom six role in Dallas that's a decent disucssion. I'm not sure I agree but it's a legit debate.

The point though at this stage is he needs to play. He doesn't learn more by sitting. Either he needs to be getting top minutes in Austin or those 3rd line minutes plus whatever pk and pp time you can give him. Sitting him doesn't help develop his game. Play him or send him down but scratching him in Dallas is worthless. Just like scratching Larsen is self defeating in the long run.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote