View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
I agree, if I had one concern, I don't think he matches up well with Spezza and Michalek.

Last year that line was productive because they had Greening doing much of the heavy lifting. It freed up space for both Spezza and MM.

Silf isn't a replacement for Greening. He is a finesse player, he likes to handle the puck, make plays as well as shoot. When Spezza plays with guys like that he ends up stationary and becomes less effective.

Playing with Greening Spezza became a lose puck chaser, he was usually in motion, that is when he is the most dangerous.

IMO Silf would be better suited with Turris and more productive. Turris plays a high paced game, counts on his wingers make plays to a greater much greater extent than Spezza.

IMO if Silf could play the left side with Turris & Alfe he would be more productive and dangerous player.
Well, until he scored his goal, I didn't think Greening has played all that well this year.

Certainly I was expecting a little more jump from him on the energy line.

Now, as for Silfverberg, I don't think he's a great fit with Turris as they are both shooters.

I'd rather see Alfie with Turris and Silf with Spezza.

Plus, it gives Spezza someone with hockey IQ to play with. Michalek has certainly improved, but he was largely a north-south guy last year, as was Greening.

I'm willing to give him more time, personally.

When Turris and Silf were out there together against the Pens, I almost felt like they were both jockeying to take shots.

It's all a matter of degree, obviously. I'm not wedded to the lines as they stand, but I think they can be given a few more games.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote