View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 04:11 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Especially considering Yandle's loyalty and the fact that he might outscore ROR every season for the rest of their careers.
But ROR brings better defense to the table than the effin defenseman in that conversation. I like Yandle's personality. I do not like his wild inconsistency, his softness and his penchant for gambling at the worst times. Teams have figured him out, to a certain degree. He is no Karlsson. A captain should be capable of throwing hits and holding his own in a fight. Call it old school or narrow minded, but that's how I feel. After so many years of Doan, you sort of come to expect it.

I would absolutely trade him for something like O'Reilly and Sgarbossa, or ROR and a nice pick. Hell, I'd even start throwing in Michigan products if they want to give us even more value.

ROR would, in all likelihood, be the most complete center to ever play for this team. Dave Tippett would fall in love. A pairing with Boedker makes for a line virtually guaranteed to out score opponents. Did I mention we'd still have Hanzal? It would give Tippett two lines he can roll, without any concerns as to who the opposition has out there. ROR + Hanzal is the type of 1-2 punch that can win cups.

Still a very difficult trade to make and sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
As impractical as a trade might be, can't think of many players I would rather see in Yotes jersey than Couturier. Born in Phoenix, big 2 way guy who can score and is only 20. Realize it would likely take OEL to get him and neither Philly nor the Yotes are likley to pull the trigger on something like that.
Couturier is good, but he isn't OEL good. Flyers would probably trade Brayden Schenn first, but Couturier is the one I'd want. Hanzal with more offense.