View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Well, until he scored his goal, I didn't think Greening has played all that well this year.

Certainly I was expecting a little more jump from him on the energy line.

Now, as for Silfverberg, I don't think he's a great fit with Turris as they are both shooters.

I'd rather see Alfie with Turris and Silf with Spezza.

Plus, it gives Spezza someone with hockey IQ to play with. Michalek has certainly improved, but he was largely a north-south guy last year, as was Greening.

I'm willing to give him more time, personally.

When Turris and Silf were out there together against the Pens, I almost felt like they were both jockeying to take shots.

It's all a matter of degree, obviously. I'm not wedded to the lines as they stand, but I think they can be given a few more games.
Maybe time is the answer, they have only played 5 games.

But with the shortened season I'm not sure MacLean can take too long to try other combinations given neither of the top two lines are producing (Turris excepted).

Latendresse has not been able to keep up with Alfie and Turris. Daugavins is no offensive star, but the Turris line looked much better with him there, which leads me to believe Silf would be even better.

I also thought the Spezza line showed a little more with Greening back with them.

IMO great line combinations come from matching players with complimentary skills. As I see it the top six for the Sens haven't found the right matches yet.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote