Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Benn Ferriero
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I liked him alot and hope he can stay with that same style and be a consistent 3rd liner. From what I read the consensus seems to be he comes up to the NHL has a few good games than drops off and doesnt have much of an impact. Now torts is a diff coach and gets a lot out of players, I mean he turned Gaborik into something completely opposite than the player we originally signed. Granted ferriero isnt marian gaborik, but often times players just need a break and make the best of the situation, and I think he has the potential to be that and a solid 3rd liner. And if Kreider gets healthy and steps his game up, Kreider goes to the 3rd and Ferriero makes the 4th line better. The best way to better the bottom lines is make the top lines better and push the players down, eventually pushing the scrub 4th liners to the press box. Rupp is horrendous, I hope we end up buying him out, dont want him on this team next year..save the 1.5 we need it.
Actually, the best way to fill out the bottom lines, especially the 4th line, is to have players that readily accept and can execute their roles.

Your logic here is seriously flawed. Mike Rupp playing 5 minutes a night on the 4th line and fighting guys that take liberties is actually more valuable than a skill player down there wishing his role will expand.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote