View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Mota

vCash: 500
I am a little skeptical of B. Schenn. After watching him so far, I just havent seen anything that says to me "hey this kids gonna be something special". When G first came up, his skill and playmaking ability was pretty obvious, and he showed glimpses of the player we saw last year. JVR was kind of the same way, he occasionally showed how dominant he can be...he just never achieved it consistently while he was here. Couturier has shown to have an incredible hockey IQ at such a young age, I have no doubts about him.

With Schenn though, I just dont know. He has shown he can throw big hits, but offensively I havent seen him do anything to suggest he has it in him to be a 70 point player consistently. His shot isnt anything special, neither is his playmaking...and his hockey sense doesnt seem to be anything special either. To be honest, Laughton has impressed me more so far.

He is only 21, so its way too early to consider him a bust...I just have been disappointed so far. When he was traded here, he was considered "the best prospect not in the NHL"...I just havent seen that yet.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote