View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Coming in peace...

Hoping for a good game tonight. Luongo will get the start in goal for this one, as Schneider played in last night's debacle for Vancouver.

I imagine our issues are fairly similar to the ones plaguing the Kings right now - rust, misreads and general fatigue. A lot of the Canucks didn't play during the lockout, and it looks like they are suffering for that. The guys playing the best are the ones who played in the AHL or Europe (Kassian, Tanev, Raymond, etc.)

As far as I'm concerned, our biggest issue has been the blueline. Ballard and Tanev have been great, but that's equally a compliment to them and a concern for the top four. Garrison and Edler have been hit and miss, and Bieksa and Hamhuis have been outright terrible - if they have another game like that, it could be easy for the Kings to exploit.

The forwards have been marginally better. The Twins haven't looked dangerous five-on-five (PP has been strong, but not excellent). Burrows and Higgins could be a lot better as well.

Anyway - I think this will be a feisty affair, as both of these teams loathed each other already and the Kings have some brand new and well earned bragging rights to strut. Hopefully it's a good game.