View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Apparently Detroit, Philly, and NY Rangers are trying hard to get PK.

I really don't want another Leclair-Desjardin mistake. Detroit has no upcoming stars we are interested.
Detroit has a lot of nice young players. Smith, Ouellet, Nyquist, Tatar... likely three quarters for a dollar, but if Bergevin takes this silliness to it's conclusion, I could see Detroit being the highest bidder. Or at least matching the highest bid, and winning by virtue of offering young dmen and being in the other conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, I don't want to see Subban playing anywhere else, but if it had to happen, Detroit is a pretty safe place. And a good one for PK.

Also, I think they do have one thing going for them, which is basically in quantity. I don't know what pieces we'd be talking about, but they have a good young D in Smith right at the NHL level, some good prospects on D like Ouellet and Sproul, and a bunch of good forward prospects like Nyqvist and Jurco... plus goalies like Paterson and Mrazek. So even if there is no single clear asset that stands out (although I'd still argue for Smith even there), they have quantity that might be hard to beat if they really wanted to make a play.
Oops, beat me to it. Forgot about Jurco, very nice prospect. Jarnkrok is decent too.