*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)
View Single Post
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Originally Posted by
This is obviously a horrible proposal.
one of Johansson/Brouwer + 1st for Schneider
Originally Posted by
Let us put this in perspective, with common sense, as who might need a goalie.
Leafs: Reimer and Scrivens
Islanders: Dipietro and Nabokov
Panthers: Theodore, Clemmensen and Markstrom
Capitals: Holtby and Neuvirth
Flyers: Bryzgalov and Leighton
Blue Jackets: Bobrovsky and Mason
- Leafs need a starting goalie, but Luongo's possible value is too high. Leafs would be worse off than last season. They should trade for another goalie instead.
- Islanders need defense and better team defense, not so much with goaltending. Dipietro contract just messes up things for them.
- Panthers I believe have the best prospect pool in NHL right now, but have a lot of injuries to their roster. This is Luongo's preference. Theodore could backup Schneider and Clemmensen could be Luongo's backup till Markstrom is ready to come up.
- Neuvirth is really stepping up to the plate, so we will see. McPhee stays away from monster contracts especially regarding trades.
- Bryzgalov is playing much better. Leighton stinks as backup, so maybe they look for backup goalie help.
- John Davidson is part of management now and he knows to build the right way. They already traded for Bobrovsky, so it is not gonna happen for Luongo as well.
Panthers look like the best destination, unless another team falls into the picture.
- Leafs need a goalie, but rumoured pieces are playing well, and they can't really afford to give anything up at the moment, will have to wait on them to be one of the top dogs in the running.
- You hit the nail on the head with Florida.
- Washington, it is too early to tell, as perhaps there young duo turns things around, but you have to think if they continue to sink they might have some interest. They also have pieces to move that wouldn't dismantle the team and organization IMO. A Lu trade would likely benefit them more than hurt, but who knows, once again too early to tell.
- Philly isn't a contender at the moment, although if Bryz has another bad year, could see them showing some interest in the offseasn.
- Columbus isn't in it, Luongo won't go there and it doesn't really make sense for them to go after Lu.
View Public Profile
Sergei Shirokov's albums
Find More Posts by Sergei Shirokov