View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The only bad blood is from the PK Subban fans on the internet who despise Bergevin for getting him to sign a contract that will free up money to help improve the Montreal Canadiens.

And why be pissed off because the Canadiens will now be able to get better talent on the team............along with Subban on the ice??????

The question of the day.
Don't get me wrong, the cap space is great. More than that, I love that Subban will be back on the ice.

I don't love that it took negotiations a week into the season and a weekend of soul searching with the family, before Subban decided to take a contract that he knows dramatically underpays him, because he decided to stay with the Habs at all costs. To me, this shows a GM that played with fire and got lucky, this time. It shows a GM that either did a bad job evaluating Subban's talent, or just decided that the best way to approach negotiations with our top player was to take the riskiest approach.

I disagree with posters that say Subban will take advantage next negotiation. If anything, management now knows for sure that he'll take less to stay in Montreal. But I do think this whole process reflects poorly on Bergevin and his crew. When Galchenyuk and Gallagher become RFA's, I hope management doesn't try this stunt again.