View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
The Washer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
I want Ruff gone just not sure if it should be now rather than at the end of the year. There are good reasons either way. Ruff will maintain that with 3 very young centres and with limited training and no exhibition games that he cannot get them in sync. All true but that or some other excuse has been his mantra for too many years--there have been other teams with money problems, injuries etc. that have done more in the win column. I do not believe in tanking but if there is a year not to get excited then this shortened year with some good picks available might be this one.
I agree and are fighting the same tanking thoughts. But I believe with all the talent on this team, that this year would be the only "acceptable" season to tank. However, After seeing game 5, I do not believe Ruff will make it outside of a tank, season. Actually, the tank and fire Ruff plan would be quite ingenious. Ride him to the bottom scapegoat style. Fire him. Hire new coach. Draft top tier prospect. Acquire a top tier player. The town would be in such a buzz, Ruff would be an afterthought.

I will now dream this.