View Single Post
Old
06-28-2006, 11:06 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook
From the article : He possesses solid skating and very strong puckhandling skills that enable him to carry the puck out of his own zone a great deal. Carleís defensive play suffered at times during the season as he focused too much on contributing to the attack,but he has shown a sporadic willingness to play tough in his own zone and sacrifice his body by blocking shots.

Carle's quote: Iím an offensive type; I like to pass the puck. I have a good first pass, and I like to see the play. I know how to find guys. I like to control the power play. Iím not dominant in the defensive zone, but Iím not a high-risk d-man. I can take care of myself defensively.

Is it just me or does this guy sound like the perfect successor to Breeze-by
Brisebois was far from being awful. He has been a good d-man for us for more than a decade. People underrated him because the media were all over him for nothing. Sure, he wasn't a #1 defender and made mistake at-times, but he was an excellent #2-#3 d-man. He was used like a 1st d-man for years so people hated the fact that he didn't played like one. If Carle can play like Brisebois did his entire carreer, I'll be glad that we drafted him.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now   Reply With Quote