View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
They whine when they overpay a player. Reasonable.

They whine when they sign a great player for cheap, even though the player is not bitter about it.

I would completely understand people whining about it all if Subban was unhappy, but the guy went out of his way to express just the opposite. The GM is happy, the player is happy, the contract is cheap. Why the nonsense?
What you should be looking for is people, the same people, who changed their mind before and after. That's who you should be referring to. If you find people who bashed Bergevin because he was giving a ridiculous offer and then praise him after...well bash those posters. But there are some people who didn't have a problem with Bergevin's offers. And there were others, like me, who had problems with it.

The nonsense? Well that's because if PK would have been happy with that, he would have signed earlier. PK HAD NO CHOICE, NO LEVERAGE. So the problem doesn't reside in that for me. He resides in the fact that we surely could have signed him long term in the long run for less money that he will be commanding in 2 years. This signature is too short term for me. 'Cause I do believe PK will ask for major overpayment soon. And that's IF he really is honest in him wanting to stay here.

'Cause let's face it. It's really funny to read people talking about how dedicated he is to this team and so on. People....this is not the time to mention this. Can we just wait till he has some leverage before making those assumptions?

It's great for us short term, we have PK this year, we have PK next year at a smaller price with the cap going down. But that's it so far.