View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:02 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I'm not going to argue about the fit. Pittsburgh could definately use Clowe too.

While its a steep price for 40 games, I disagree with the risk. Hemsky and MPV don't really carry much value. MPV is a suspect and Hemsky is an overpaid, fragile player that doesn't produce much. While skilled, he gives you little bang for your buck. If I were Edmonton, I'd dump him as in trade him. He has been on the block for the last three years with your GM putting a high price tag on him as far as return and no one is interested in him to step to the plate. Time to lower the asking price and a solid rental is Hemsky's value. To me, the second rounder is the thing that hurts the most, especially in a deep draft.

Of course, just my honest opinion.
Trolling Oil fans again? Your analysis of Hemsky is pretty suspect. He's had one bad season, and two major injuries that are behind him. If you would actually watch the Oilers play, you'd see that Hemsky has played well this year, just like pre-injury Hemsky. The only reason he's even available is the Oilers need for bigger bodied forwards.

EDIT - Powerplay goal for Hemsky! Ha ha ha.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote