Thread: Speculation: Defense - Who sits?
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I didn't realize the Kaberle hate was this bad.

He's CLEARLY not the same player anymore, and yes he's overpaid, but I still think he's a serviceable bottom pairing guy who could work as a set up guy on the 2nd PP unit.

Just my personal opinion I suppose. I've never been a big Cube fan either. I'd play Weber over him personally, as well. I think Cube is better served as a number 7 d-man at this point in his career.
Bouillon is more serviceable as a bottom-pairing guy. Kaberle's only thing going for him is working the second PP unit, and even then he has struggled. 5-on-5 is just atrocious. He is unable to apply himself to any physical contact in corners and along the boards, he does nothing in the paint to clear the way for Price and too often, I've seen him lose his man.

With Bouillon, he's not so good on the PP, but his work on the PK has been good and his physical play 5-on-5 is something the Habs need and Therrien loves. I doubt we see Bouillon spend a night in the press box, especially with the way he's been playing lately. Now that Subban is back, Bouillon will see his ice time reduced, which may work out even better for Cube.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote