Thread: Speculation: Defense - Who sits?
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Kaberle is most likely already being shopped as we speak. A team might take a shot at him knowing that if he busts they could just buy him out, low risk average reward, can't think of us getting much more than a 3rd-5th rounder for him though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
That's the thing.

He doesn't.

And that is a good reason to scratch him, because it's not like he can bring anything else to the team.
I think that Bouillon is better than Kaberle but Thomas still owns elite passing skills and he is extremely calm at the point. As a 3rd pairing D/#7D, he is a valuable asset for our Habs.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I get that Cube provides an obvious physical presence that Kaberle lacks, but I think people will realize soon enough that Frankie isn't Mr. Dependable himself back there, either.

I understand Kaberle hasn't been his old self for awhile, but I'd still rather at least give him a few more games to see how he looks in limited minutes and as a PP fill-in. It's a new season, and I think people should give him a break and stop looking at his salary. I think in limited minutes on the bottom pairing, he could actually contribute a bit more than Cube can. Not the physical aspect of course, but for puck movement and the natural flow of the offense.

I say give him a few more games, and see if he's improved over last year. Keep Cube as a number 7 in the mean time, and suit him up when we need his physical presence against teams like Boston.

Of course, if a taker for Kaberle comes, and we can get rid of the salary, we should be all over that.

I don't know, I'm in the minority, but I still go with Kaberle as a number 6 guy over Cube. For now, at least.
So your 3rd pairing would be Kaberle - Diaz? If so, I don't like it. Bouillon - Diaz is a more balanced pairing.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-28-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote