View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:44 PM
coolboarder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
North/South conferences wouldn't work. It works in:
NFL (because all game times are mostly standardized and once a week)
MLB (because they play mostly in the afternoon and no-one cares if they watch every game)

But when you have the NBA and NHL, it won't work. You'll be forcing fans to watch games at 10 pm at night or 4 pm in the afternoon on a regular basis... not fan friendly at all.

The answer to making travel times fair isn't forcing all teams to travel more... we're going for MINIMAL average travel time not "I hate the Atlantic Division travel schedule so I'm going to make them fly to California five times a year"
Not really, if you look at my schedule breakdown, you will see that NY Rangers would travel to California once or twice a year which isn't that bad. This will bring the mileage to an average for all teams. Especially if you consider that the west coast travel to the east coast 3 to 4 times a year even with the current schedule format while the east get to travel, once or twice a year because the west has fewer teams compared to the east. That is not even to same teams because you have Canadian northeast teams, and southeast teams and the Atlantic teams from the west coast so that brings the road trip to average 4 to 5 times a year, back and forth, even to the central division teams.