View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 11:06 PM
13th Floor

vCash: 500
Just got off the phone with DirectTV in an attempt to wiggle my way into free stuff since I now realized that their Choice package doesn't carry NBC Sports. And of course, the Pens/Isles game is on NBC Sports tomorrow. Of course, no budge (despite paying 60 bucks a month for Center Ice), but I did find out some interesting tidbits and have a question on one of them:

1. You can upgrade to the next level (Choice Xtra) which has NBC Sports, and DirectTV billing will prorate to the day. The additional package is 5 bucks a month. So I am just going to upgrade on the day of the game when they play on NBC Sports and then downgrade after the game. It will cost 16 cents per game.

2. There is also the option of adding a 'Sports Package' which contains ROOT, Universal, YES, MSG, etc for only 13 bucks a month. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it the whole MSG family (MSG+ and MSG+2)? Since the Isles play on that family of networks, I could pay 13 a month and be able to get the Isles, Knicks, and Yankees instead of the incremental value of each package (which is like 50 bucks a month for each). But, if it is strictly MSG and not MSG+/2, then it is obviously not an option. Anybody have any idea here?

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote