View Single Post
01-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I could care less about Geno's plus/minus. It's his point total that will dictate what kind of season the team has.
We should care that Geno is playing total hockey. He can, he should.... mostly he is.
But I certainly don't care about his plus/minus after 5 games. There have been a few egregiously bad turnovers (and there always will be with him), but they stand out because goals were scored against us, and in both instances Lovejoy made horrible attempts at preventing it. At this point his minus score is more about on ice shooting/save percentage (0.793) and plain luck than anything else.
Sid could easily have been in the same situation but in his case guys like Martin, Nisky, Letang and Engelland have been covering up when he made mistakes.

The majority of the time so far, Geno's line is the (only) one that works offensively and is creating pressure. Geno leading the league in takeaways this far is a main reason for that.
The only thing I am annoyed with from Geno so far is that his penalties have been too daft, and if there is any one giveaway I cannot accept, it was the one in OT at Ottawa and that was one that did not show up in plus/minus fortunately.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote