Thread: Value of: Mike Richards to Toronto
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 12:16 AM
FlyingHigh28*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
For sure. I respect others opinions. I've seen plenty of both players, moreso Grabo, but I take Grabos overall game over Richards. And I don't think that it's too outlandish to state.

Grabo has a better shot and more pure offensive skill, and I really like Grabos defensive game + his energy.
I'm not selling Richards short, but that contract is risky, can he rebound to his past self? Probably, but I'll play it safe with the Energizer bunny Grabo
So, wait, Grabo's 5 year contract @ 5.5M per year is "safe", but Richards' 8 years remaning @ 5.75M is "risky"? When Richards is over a year younger and vastly more proven? Come on now.

Richards is clearly the better player here and it's really not even close. He was a major reason why the Flyers made the finals in 2010 and a major reason why the Kings won the cup last year. His shutdown role w/ the team was vital, as was the 15 points he added in 20 games, despite playing that shutdown role.

What has Grabo done? No 30 goal seasons (Richie has 2). No 30 assist seasons (Richie has 4). No 60 point seasons (Richie has 4). Never a Selke finalist (Richie was a finalist in 2009).

One down regular season while adjusting to a vastly different system and 4 scoreless games to start off a season don't change anything. Richards is vastly better than Grabo and holds considerably more value.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote