View Single Post
Old
12-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
I wouldn't describe his development as advanced. Two years ago he was an unheralded fourth line winger in junior who was drafted late in the midget draft. Then last season he scores 93 points out of the blue. Most prognosticators and scouts probably thought his season last year was an anomaly and he'd fall back to earth this year but not only has he not regressed he's gotten even better. Williams is a guy who didn't learn to skate until he was 18 much like Brent Burns with Minnesota. A classic late bloomer with plenty of upside. I do see his future on the wing in the NHL emulating the play of Darcy Tucker.
He is not as feisty as Tucker ...but size wise about the same.. Tucker put up great numbers in Kamloops as a Junior as Williams is doing in Swift Current... The puck is always around him and he shoots from any where ..... I think he is going to make it too, if the NHL and the Leafs can ever get over this SIZE matters issue that they always use...

If you had to pick between Daniel Briere or Ponikarovsky ...Who would you take.??.. How about Stevie Sullivan???

The Team Canada committee Blair Mackasey in particular pick this years team based on SIZE and More Size so they wouldn't be pushed around by the Russian like they said the where last year ...Now all these SO CALLED power forward types like Eric Fehr, Adam Henrich and Marc-Andre Bernier have all been cut and little guys smaller than Williams like Adam Courchaine have also been sent home...

Funny thing now is that the Russian Defense is much smaller and less physical than last year, and Team Canada organizer that spent the whole year planning on building a team that could beat the big strong Russian one is now going to face a smaller more skilled one..

I think Team Canada yet might regret leaving one of the hottest players in CHL at home for the tourney.. I wished I could have watched him play there..

Last edited by Mess: 12-15-2003 at 08:59 AM.