View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Our GM doesn't believe in offer sheets so...

Tyler Toffoli, 2013 2nd rounder, 2014 2nd rounder and Brad Richardson.

Kings love having two centers (or more!) a line and we have some vets who are aging. Next year we have a ton of salary coming off of the books (Penner, Gagne and Scuderi) so we can pay RoR. We can use his excellent two-way play in the playoffs. And he's of the right age to go with the rest of our team. And we can use him on wing or center...he can replace Justin Williams' offense on the top line as JWill gets older very soon and we move him down to the third line. Plus one day soon Jarret Stoll will be too old to be our third line center...I don't see Fraser moving up or Carter moving down but maybe we move Richards to third line and have RoR play 2nd line. Us Kings fans are always complaining Richards doesn't score enough anyway.

As for RoR himself, he would be joining a contender full of guys like him and playing for a team that has a similar two-way emphasis as his playing style. And the Kings can pay him. It could be an excellent fit for him.

For Colorado, they need a deal better than what they would get than the offer sheet compensation they would get. The team needs young players who can join the team very soon more than they need a pick. If a top team offer sheets RoR, the compensation could be a pick in the 20s and a 2nd or 3rd pick also low in the round. Toffoli is a player who is on the fast track upswing. He's someone that HF Kings fans will wince to give up. He has excellent offensive upside and in the Kings system he's added some speed, grit and D to his game. I think putting him next to Stastny or Duchene and you can't lose. He should be ready next year.

I also give two second rounders since LA's will likely be in the 20s or later. Also Brad Richardson has many years in front of him and can anchor the center spot on the 4th line, maybe play on the 3rd. Adding a center in RoR makes Richardson ultra-redundant so I throw him into the deal.
I just don't even...this is just...I'm sorry but no, this does absolutely nothing to make the Avs better.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote