View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMason50 View Post
Question for y'all.

How would you deal with someone who's constantly leaning over and standing up for the majority of the game?

I don't want to be a jerk, but it really obstructs my line of sight and I can barely see the game when the puck is in our end of the rink. I didn't mind it at first, but it kinda gets old after a season and a bit.

What say you? Am I a crotchety soul trapped in a 24 year old's body? or should I tell this guy to sit back in his chair?
So this is interesting to me. I moved this past summer from Ontario to Edmonton. I'd been to numerous games at the ACC and at MLG before that and have just finished my second game at Rexall. I noticed at Rexall that they have a sign throughout the game that reads "Please sit all the way back in your seat while play is in progress". I've never seen that before at Leaf games, where of course you can hardly find anyone in their seat because they're all Air Canada Club Lounge, Lord Stanley's Mug, the concourse, or wherever they go. The atmosphere sucks. At Rexall it has a vibrant feel in the place, and I wonder why they want to curb it. I go to a game and I'd rather everybody is on the edge of their seats, jumping up when exciting plays happen. They used to have a campaign (can't remember where) that was "we'll sell you the whole seat but you'll only use the edge". I thought that was brilliant. I'm there in person for the atmosphere...If I want to sit back and relax, why not watch the game at home?

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote