Thread: Post-Game Talk: Avs hockey: 10 minutes of actual work.
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:00 AM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
I was at the game tonight, and I was disgusted at the lack of effort the avs played with in the first 40 minutes. Then they suddenly start to show up when down 3-0 with only 20 minutes left? Unacceptable. Sacco just loves to juggle lines for the sake of juggling lines it seems. A few notes from watching these guys, my own opinion of course:

- Erik Johnson plays such a great brand of hockey, very under-rated player, just needs to find consistency in his game, and a better partner than Ryan Wilson, who's clearly not a top 4 defenseman

- Shane O'Brien and Ryan O'Byrne are useless. Shane O'Brien just sucks, and O'Byrne is horrifyingly (that a word? lol) slow, its unbearable to watch him play

- Matt Hunwick and Greg Zanon actually didn't play all that bad tonight, and Hunwick especially is very good at transitioning the puck in the neutral zone, something that only Erik Johnson seems to do

- David Jones is without a shadow of a doubt the worst forward in the top 9, and possibly all forwards when this team is healthy. Landeskog, O'Reilly, Downie, Hejduk, Duchene, Parenteau, McGinn, Stastny, Mitchell, and McLeod are all players I would take over David Jones right now, although Stastny is trying to take that privelage away from him

- Speaking of Stastny, he's only useful down low behind the net, other than that, he is so slow skating, and can't generate anything off of the rush. Shockingly, David Jones is even slower

- Jamie Mcginn has one of the best, if not the best shot on this team. Need to get him the puck more, there's a reason he scored so much at the end of last season; Stastny got him the puck where he could fire. This season? Not happening so much. I love how he plays, he's fast and hits everything, not afraid to go into the corners and has a laser for a shot. Very underrated on this team

- Chuck Kobasew sucks

- Matt Duchene tried his best to bring the team back in the 3rd tonight, and it was obvious he and Parenteau weren't going to get anything going with Olver on the wing, glad the change was made quickly to put McGinn there although it came at the expense of having to put Mitchell on Stastny's line

That is all from me, I was excited during the 3rd but you gotta play 60 to win, not 20