View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Schroeder's transition to the NHL has been quite good but Hodgson is clearly a much more dangerous offensive player IMO. Hodgson's shot is outstanding but more importantly, he constantly crashes the front of the net looking for defelections and rebounds. That's a must if you want to score goals at the NHL level with any regularity. Haven't seen that yet from Schroeder and it'll hinder him from producing.

Schroeder also doesn't have any 1 on 1 moves to speak of. A player with his quickness, agility and stickhandling should be able to attack defenders with the puck but I don't think I've ever seen Schroeder succeed doing this, or even attempt to for that matter. Hopefully Glen Carnegie can teach Schroeder a few tricks to get through or around NHL dmen.

Schroeder looks like an NHL player, which at this stage is a plus. Hopefully he can add some offensive wrinkles to his attack and stay there.
Fair assessment. The one thing I would add is that Schroeder is not taking a whole lot of chances right now so his offensive game looks more stale than it really is. Weise, as hard as he's working, is not suited for an offensive role and hasn't really meshed with Mason or Jordan. Those two could use someone like Kassian.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote