View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:06 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Connor Murphy (Phoenix Coyotes, 20th overall 2011) Extremely smooth skating, solid offensively and defensively. Can't stay healthy, but no severe recurring injuries; just injury prone. Get's outmuscled more than he should with his frame, and doesn't play very physically. #1D upside, but that's a long shot and is more likely to be a middle pairing Jay Bouwmeester-like player (though without Jaybo's durability).
Duncan Siemens (Colorado Avalanche, 11th overall 2011) Solid shutdown guy with some offensive upside. Great skating, and very solid physically. Consistency earlier in the year was questionable and he was stripped of his captaincy as he and his team started off the year extremely slow. I think he has #3 upside, in an Eric Brewer-type mold.
Matt Finn (Toronto Maple Leafs, 35th overall 2012) No standout skills or weaknesses, just does everything pretty well. Skating is good but not outstanding, can play a powerplay but isn't dynamic. His strongest quality is probably his defensive positioning, which is pretty solid. Middle pairing upside, sort of plays like Andrej Sekera
Xavier Ouellet (Detroit Red Wings, 48th overall 2011) Easily the best player of the four I've listed. Excellent defensively, good offensively, and a good leader. Excelled for Canada in the early parts of the most recent WJC. Some flaws to his game are that he isn't super physical and his shot isnt great, but neither aspect is all that crucial to his overall skillset. Upside is a #1D, but I think he ends up as a complimentary #2. He reminds me most of Tobias Enstrom

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote