Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 4-1
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
On ES scoring, I'm not sure what else you could do other than mix up the 2nd and 3rd lines.

The top line periods of sustained pressure but couldn't finish. I agree with everyone else that RNH does not like the RNH of last year, but he's still making plays. As much as I said break these guys up, after the game they had, I think that'd be crazy. The only other idea I can think of is to give the big 3 some softer competition to try get them going at ES. But if that means less icetime for those guys then forget it. Nothing much you can do but keep playing them and hope they bury some chances.

Other than that, I'm really tempted to try a Harti-Gagner-MPS line if Harti-MPS continue their chemistry. They had prolonged periods of pressure together, and Harti in particular really made his presence down low felt.

I do think Smyth to the 4th line should be a discussion we should be open to having. Especially if Harti can play his game. I love Smyth, and everything he's done, but he's just not effective anymore. Limit him at ES and play him on the PK.

We gave the puck away a lot, so we need to tighten that up. D was OK overall. Not surprising Whitney-Potter was the pairing that got scored on.

Also, Gagner is having a good year so far. He's doing a lot of the things that he hasn't in the past.

Good win, hopefully we keep it up.