View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 01:17 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I'm in the minority, but trading your #1 C on a good contract for a glorified pest and a decent 3rd liner didn't really fulfill my fantasies about what they'd get back for Roy.

The only redeeming thing right now is that - after being an Iron Man for years - Roy has run into serious injury issues, including being placed on IR in Dallas as we speak.

I like Ott. But he's not the answer to any of the Sabres issues.

Beneath all the "they're soft" talk, the major issues since the captains left have been the same - the talent was, all of sudden, not enough.
Not on the top-end, not on depth. Not enough talent and depth to cover for the off-nights or rough stretches or injuries (which happen to every team).

Look at the roster and see how many "complete" scoring forwards they got. Only the Caps have less.

But yeah, my issue isn't with Ott. He's a good player and will contribute to the club (not on the #1 PP unit though, wtf....).

Um, Ott was aquired to fill a need for toughness thru aggressive play. Any goals/assists he gets is a nice added bonus. It was a NEED this team lacked. Last year, Kaleta and McCormick were simply not enough. Now with Foligno and Scott on the team as well, this team is "tougher". But now scoring is a little lacking.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote