View Single Post
Old
06-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koeltrain
I think a deal would definately have to start with Pitkanen. Why does everyone want Pronger, but not want to give anything worth while for him? No one wants 4 crap players back. It's going to be a very good forward/defensemen, some young good prospect/player, and a high pick for Pronger. TSN reported that the Oilers dropped off pieces of paper with what would interest them to teams at the draft. I would think if it was Pitkanen and Carter/Richards (most likely Richards), then it would probably do with a 2nd round pick and could even get a 4th or 5th back. Most teams are looking at 2 players and a first round, but I like your young guys and could understand why you don't want to get rid of them.

But this is Pronger people. You won't even believe the things that he will do for your team. Every small tangible thing in the game that you can do well he does well.
Just out of curiosity, do you think that a 31 year old defenseman making 6.25 million dollars a year as a top 3 defenseman has more value than a 23 year old defenseman making 1 million dollars a year that is a top 10 defenseman and will be a top 3 defenseman within 3 years?

Any offer that starts with Pitkanen, ends with Pitkanen and the deal is over. I only deal Pitkanen if it's for Ovechkin or Crosby, that's it.

I would start an offer with Mike Richards and I honestly might start an offer with Simon Gagne, but Joni Pitkanen is 100 percent off limits in any trade discussion involving Pronger. Do people realize that Pitkanen was better then Pronger last season before he got hurt? That he was 30 games on his way to WINNING the Norris Trophy? That he's 22 years old?

And Pitkanen + Carter/Richards + is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on this board, honestly that's so awful I don't even know what to say.

I would do Gagne plus a little probably and if that doesn't get done, go get Redden for the same price without giving up anything. Is there anyone in the world who wouldn't rather have Gagne and Redden or Gagne and Jovo or Gagne and even McKee then Pronger?

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote