View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 02:59 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
<Bill Lumberg voice>Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.</officespace>
I know the boards opinion on his game tonight isn't the same as mine, and maybe seeing him on TV made him look better, but in person he was just bad. Physically, he skated slow, mentally he made bad decisions, soft plays, and mental errors. You could see the Canucks key in on him because of his play. It was tough to watch. He looked almost lost out there. I guess I need to see the whole game back on video to see if what I saw was way off, but it didn't look that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
There is something to be said about seeing in person and seeing on TV with Bob and Jim's commentary.

Just my takes, watching the game in person:

1. Both Scuderi and Gagne appeared to be skating in sand tonight.

2. The referees and linesman have had better nights (at least, I sure hope so). The blown calls include the Carter save-from-icing-that-wasn't-thanks-to-the-linesman's-bad-vision, and the ridiculous boarding call on Gagne. The TV sound does not do the crowd's displeasure justice, Staples was extremely loud and unforgiving on the Gagne call. (They were also pissed on the Brown call, but it was a good call.)

3. Love to see Voynov get such a big goal in this game. I like that kid a lot.

4. I don't recall a come-from-behind-win at home all last season. It was good to see we can do it. Sometimes.
When was the last time we scored with the goalie pulled? I remember us having a hard time with that last season.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote