View Single Post
Old
12-15-2003, 09:09 AM
kazo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I said a while ago that comments made by some of the players make me think that Sather is loosing the team. He could have a full-scale mutiny on his hands, led by the Lindros and Holik, you know the guys he loves to use as 4th liners. Like us, I think that the players are realizing that he is not putting his team in the best position to win games. I said it before, can anyone point to just one thing that Sather has done better than Trotts? He fired Trottier for this level of play.
Problem is, we all know that Lil' Jimmy loves him. However, how much would he love him when all the players except Messier and Leetch revolt?
I still think that Dolan's hands are tied. He cannot fire Sather as that would require him to hire 3 people to fill all 3 of Sather's positions.
It could be an interim hire of Don Maloney. That would pretty much offset Sather's salary. Of course, he would still be owed the balance of his contract.

Also, don't you guys think that the possibilty of any significant trades being made this year are pretty remote given the labor situation? I just don't see any big contracts changing hands, unless it's a wash, until the new CBA gets resolved.