Old
01-29-2013, 05:27 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by centcougar07 View Post
Just wondering everyone's opinion on a guy that rarely gets talked about. Justin Fontaine was second on the team last year with 55 points in 73(?) games if I remember correct. And he's got 25 points in 31 this year at Houston. I don't really know who his linemates are or anything but for a guy who is really producing quite well, he doesn't get talked about a whole lot. I had the privilege of watching him a lot in his senior year at UMD when he was on the infamous FCC line with Jack (Farjiestad) and Mike (Lake Erie-AHL) Connolly and he produced a lot of points then as well. It seems like he is kind of flying under the radar and nobody is really mentioning how he's really performing better than I think anyone expected for a college FA.
Yeah, he's 25 years old. He should be given a chance to show what he's got in the big boys' show. He's got a good shot and he's able to produce quite well in Houston. Can't be worse than Cullen.

That being said, I don't see it happening unless there are a lot of injuries. Zucker and Coyle are the first call-ups, then comes either Larsson or Fontaine. So he's 3rd or 4th in the call-up list, depending on positional needs.

Also, call me crazy but Dennis Endras could be the answer to our goaltending issues.