Thread: Fan etiquette
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 06:08 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
OK, so you're using adjectives here that were not in your original post. I don't know what "obnoxiously" leaning over to a "ridiculous" extent means. For clarity, I watch the games and rarely if ever talk to anyone outside of the person/people I went with. What I'm talking about is a end-to-end action for the last 15 minutes in a 1-0 game with hardly any whistles that RNH ties with the net empty only to have it waved off then they pull the goalie again and Yak ties it up with 4 seconds to go before 4 minutes of back and forth 4-4 then 4 on 3 with a Gagner winner! In that situation I'm on the edge of my seat for the entire 20+ min and up and down (with the rest of the rink) with every post, crossbar and great save. Is that what you have a problem with, or is it somebody standing up conducting a networking meeting in front of you? If it's the latter then I would say you have a valid complaint - get his ass kicked out if you need to. If it's the former, I would say, how did you put it..."you're a crotchety old man in a 24 year old's body".

I guess I've been to one too many a tea party at the ACC (before I stopped going - even with free tickets)...I find the energy refreshing.
No, krazy, you're take on this is a bit extreme. Of course there are crazy moments, but there are also stretches where people just want to see the end to end action, and not the back of someone's head. They are not crotchety old men, they want to cheer too but you can't cheer what you can't see. Everyone can watch with excitement with their butts back 12 inches on their chairs ... that isn't going to quiet the building.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote