View Single Post
Old
06-29-2006, 11:29 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koeltrain
I think a deal would definately have to start with Pitkanen. Why does everyone want Pronger, but not want to give anything worth while for him? No one wants 4 crap players back. It's going to be a very good forward/defensemen, some young good prospect/player, and a high pick for Pronger. TSN reported that the Oilers dropped off pieces of paper with what would interest them to teams at the draft. I would think if it was Pitkanen and Carter/Richards (most likely Richards), then it would probably do with a 2nd round pick and could even get a 4th or 5th back. Most teams are looking at 2 players and a first round, but I like your young guys and could understand why you don't want to get rid of them.
Do you get the fact that Pitkanen by himself carries more trade value than Brewer, Lynch, and Woywitka combined ???

Lowe can ask for anything he wants, doesn't mean he's going to get it. Some teams are going to fill their need for a #1 defenseman through free agency (Redden, Chara, JoVo, etc.)

While Pronger is better than any of them, the other you get for just $$$$$$$$$. With Pronger you have to give up assets and $$$$$$.

That's going to limit the list of suitors.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote