View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 AM
clydesdale line

vCash: 500
Umm... wow.
Quote:
According to the Miami New Times, Alex Rodriguez is among the players linked to an anti-aging clinic in Miami which distributed performance-enhancing drugs.
Big news. This clinic, run by Anthony Bosch, was reported over the weekend as being investigated by MLB and the Drug Enforcement Agency. The New Times were given patient records by an anonymous source and they suggest that Rodriguez was given HGH as recently as last year, sometimes under a nickname. Other current MLB players are listed in the report, including Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon, Yasmani Grandal, Gio Gonzalez and Nelson Cruz. Of course, Cabrera, Colon and Grandal have all been suspended for PEDs in the past year.
So first time guys like Gonzalez and Cruz are linked as well as past users like A-Rod, Colon, Grandal and Cabrera.

Guys on that list are no surprise, but being one of Gio's biggest fans (and having watched him pitch when he was in Birmingham, nice kid BTW) this is very disappointing news to hear, if true. I believe there's a couple of minor leaguers linked as well. Sucks that Cesar Carrillo was one of them as he actually lived right around me on the southeast side of Chicago back in the day and I saw him play in little league.