View Single Post
Old
06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koeltrain
Exactly and Chara will be demading the moon. I think Redden will end up in Ottawa. Then there are solid dmen out there for UFA still, but not a number 1 and like I said Chara will be around 7.5 probably. That just shows what a deal Pronger is. If you like Pitkanen that much (I can only judge by his stats as I don't watch many Philly games) then ok. What did he look like in the playoffs? Did he produced near a PPP for 24 games? Was he plus 11 or so in the playoffs?

The thread starter himself stated Pitkanen first. I was agreeing with that. I think more outlandish things have been offered back then me stating Pitkanen. That could be left for debate, but I am not going to stir **** up too much.
playoffs are an AWFUL sample.

for an example of this: Pisani.

Pitkanen was a darkhorse for the Norris prior to ripping his abdomen in half. Pronger is a deal at the money, but you're avoiding the fact that you're taking roster players away from the team in the process. if you have the room for a top-end dman (here's where you have a problem in this "negotiation," Pitkanen is pretty close to being one of the premier dmen in the league if he continues his rise... and given that he's only 22, that's to be expected) financially, then Chara is a better deal for you to compete NOW.

You were stating Pitkanen+Richards(most likely). That's ABSOLUTELY absurd in the salary cap world. Young players have amazing value in the salary cap world... Is Pitkanen as good as Pronger now? No. In the short term he very may well be though given their respective ages... Clarke should be fired if he cuts a deal involving Pitkanen...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote