View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 09:10 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
The food we eat is a massive problem in society today, as quite simply its not food anymore. Its "food like products".

Majority of food in grocery stores has become so artificially processed and refined with preseratives and other chemicals in order to maximize its shelf life and reduce productions costs (so companies make more money) that what we eat actually has no real nutrients in it anymore.

Its a huge problem and the reason why North America is over 60% obese and the health care costs only keep rising. I am willing to bet over half of all problems coming into hospitals could be rectified if people understood the important of eating actual food, cutting out all the processed and chemical crap and taking proper multivitamins and anti-oxidants.

People are so used to the thinking "oh if I get a headache just take an advil". This is reactionary thinking, it doesn't solve anything. Just throws more money to pharmceutical companies. If you feed your body all the nutrients it needs, you won't get headaches in the first place.

Don't even get me started on soft drinks, you might as well just go ingest liquid garbage causing drinking pop is quite literally the same thing.
The bolded is the kind of thinking i had when i was 19/20 years old. Its very simple minded, requires little to no evidence to back it up, is dripping with speculation,...and is probably 100% accurate lol.

I'm not a doctor or nutritionist or have any qualifications to justify this opinion but it just seems to make so much sense to say that so many of our health problems are due to the terrible things we do to our bodies. I lack the financial means to go organic but i try and compensate by eating food and not "food" whenever possible. Unfortunately, by not eating totally organic, i'm subject to whatever unnatural things happen to be in my the things i eat, even if i'm eating food and not "food".

Example: For breakfast i have 1 of 3 things almost every day...

-Scrambled eggs, cooked with oil, spinach, a potato, and buttered whole grain toast with a small glass of orange juice

-Fruit smoothie, made with fresh (but frozen) strawberries and blueberries, 1 banana, a cup of milk, and 1-2 spoons of Greek Yorgurt

-Frosted Mini Wheats with a banana

Certainly the above diet should just simply be leaps and bounds more healthy for me than if i go to McDonald's and get a breakfast sandwhich, or Dunkin Donuts, or Starbucks etc...but i still do wonder what exactly i'm eating even when i'm having food and not "food"

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote