View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Did Igor really say that on radio? Guess you heard it because Tuggy did not mention that.

Interesting...I wonder if that is why suddenly it went from ''Alex is going to play wing if he makes our team'' after the scrimmage...to him being a center 3 days later.
He didn't go into the details extensively. Don't know if it had anything to do with Therrien's decision either. But he did say that they had discussion about where he fits best and Igor made a strong case for center. How he likes to control the play and makes his linemates better, center is where he should play.
However, as I said, not sure if that had anything to do with the decision to put him on 3rd.
I don't think having him with Plek versus top opponents with more pressure to produce was necessarily the best thing for his development, and I think management knew that but jut wanted to see him play there for a bit.
On a 3rd line, with less responsibilities and weaker opponents, he can thrive. Having a big bro like Prust to keep things civil was a good move too.