View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Gooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boocock View Post
A lot of our prospects are currently in the NCAA. Many ended up being busts, yes. But, out of young players drafted / developed since 2007, Tangradi, Jeffrey, Bortuzzo, and Despres are with the big club. And, frankly, a lot of these younger players simply may not be qualified to take a roster spot from a veteran that's still contributing.

I'm not concerned.
This is an entire thread devoted to the possibility that Tangradi is a bust and you're touting him as a success of the system? Jeffrey? What's he done as a pro beside be a healthy scratch and injured most of the time? None of these guys are proving to be an impact player and enough time has passed that at least SOMEONE shouldve been especially when it's a yearly occasion of having open auditions for worthless 4th liners to be put into the top 6. I am concerned because in one of the most important aspects of a salary capped league is player development and in the last 5 years there have been few successes in that department. I loved the Despres pick at that time but honestly I just feel something is being done wrong with how our prospects are being handled. Whether they're brought up too slow, discouraged from being the player they were drafted as, or just homogenized to the point where they're groomed to be bottom pairing/bottom 6er material. The results have been lackluster and those worried early on about how these guys were handled are now being vindicated with the results.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote