Old
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
maybe Milner out of Boston College?
Only if he can turn things around. He hasn't played his best of late.

Montreal: Hildebrand has been very good, but his lack of size is what hurts his potential to be drafted. If Hildebrand were like 6'2", I can almost guarantee he'd be all over the scouting radar for the upcoming draft.

Hellstrom: Slubowski, as Montreal already mentioned, is definitely getting some looks. But like Hildebrand, he's on the small size and that could deter at least some teams. He's really technically sound, has good fundamentals and plays with a great deal of confidence and composure.

Of the three Dmen you mentioned, Seigo is probably at the top of the three from a FA standpoint. Earlier in his career at Michigan Tech, he was known more for his offensive side, but he's really come a long way in his defensive game too. His skating is probably his best asset. He's not what I would consider as an overly physical type of Dman, but he can dish out some solid checks. He's also got a great shot that's actually gotten better over his collegiate career as far as being more accurate, especially from the point.

As much as I like Brendan Rempel, the biggest problem I have with him is his consistency. There are games where he looks terrific and others where he's non-existent. When he's on his game, he can be a real physical presence and does a good job of shutting down opposing forwards. He has size and uses it well, but he still needs to find some consistency to his game.

Goulakos IMO is one of the most underrated Dmen in the ECAC. He's got great puck-moving ability and is smart in his decisions with it. The thing I really like about Goulakos is his compete level. He seems to never take a shift off and always gives 110%. He's added a bit of grittiness to his game too, which has made him a more attractive FA prospect IMO.

I hope this all helps. And yes, I have seen ALL of the guys play.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote