View Single Post
01-29-2013, 11:55 AM
vCash: 500
Once the Jackets decided to get the crowd involved in the game, it felt more like a real game than a glorifed intra-squad scrimmage. It felt like Monday night at the Morgue for about the first half of the game. The first period was hard to watch and stay awake. Half the second period was dreadful, but the Jackets really carried the play for the last half of the game.

Ryan Johansen is looking as advertised. The comparisons to Joe Thornton are becoming fairly obvious to me. They skate alike, hard to get off the puck. Not drawing the comparison on scoring at this point, but remember that Thornton struggled to "get it" at first. Joey is legit.

I've come to the realization that this lineup without Atkinson has only two top six caliber offensive players (Johansen and Anisimov). This team is going to have to win ugly. If they bust their tails, work hard, stick up for themselves (good on ya Nikitin) and compete night in and night out, I could deal with losing. I know that the organization is finally progressing toward something good.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote