Thread: Gagner
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Lessy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
To be honest I don't see that much of a difference in his work ethic compared to the past couple of seasons. I think Gagner has always been one of the hardest workers on the team but just couldn't find the production that he has so far this year. I actually believe the problem with Gagner in the past was that he was working too hard and trying to do too much and the reason he's putting up some points now is because he's simplified his game somewhat. Take last night's game for example, on Hemsky's goal all Gagner tried to do was put the puck on net. If that had to be a year or two ago I can see him trying to set up some fancy play that would look nice on the highlight reel. Same with the Yakupov goal. Instead of trying to deke out the dman one one one he tried to stop up and wait for the extra man in Yakupov. I'm not saying Gagner will continue his production all year but these are the things that Gagner got to do in order to stay consistent in this league.
Agreed. Work ethic and heart have never been a problem for Gagner - the guys been a gamer since his first game in Edmonton. He's by far the most underrated player on HFboards. Simplifying his game is huge but I think he's a prime trade candidate if he can put up a 30+ point season.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote