View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstSwitch View Post
okey, so according to expressen newspaper both Jesper Fasth and Oscar Lindberg will be leaving SEL for NHL/AHL, so don't mind the Hockeyligan post earlier.

"He will be heading over to the fall camp to try to get a spot in NHL, that's the case, says Fasths agent Jacob Hedin."
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...ler-fattigare/

Some quote from Hedberg from that article, curtesy to google translate since I am in a hurry...

Quote:
The fresh Tre Kronor duo Jesper Fasth, HV 71, and Oscar Lindberg, Skellefteċ AIK, disappears from the top division after this season.

When they are ready to take a place in the NHL team New York Rangers.

- They have been in good environments, ie HV 71 and Skellefteċ, says Rangers scout Anders Hedberg to SportExpressen.se.

Therefore, the New York Rangers scout Anders Hedberg expects both Fasth and Lindberg to have a good chance to find a place in the NHL this fall.

- It would be ideal to play the World Cup first and it's not far-fetched given how Jesper plays this season. But then the idea is that he will over to the fall. It's time for him to go to New York, says Anders Hedberg on Jesper Fasth.

- He is close enough. If he takes a spot in the Rangers know neither he, or yes, or anyone else. But he is so close to the NHL that he can feel it.

- Oscar has received a huge boost in his development this season, says Anders Hedberg on Oscar Lindberg.
Hedberg is seemingly a bit more cautious on Lindberg than Fast and I think that is wise. Lindberg is in the middle of a team with 20+ skaters (!) (of which most are homegrown and very young) who are just roaring this season and overwhelm teams with speed and a puckpossession game that is a beauty to watch. Lindberg is not the best skates, and while he definitely has developed his offensive game this season he is not that gifted offensively. I've learned to be catious with expectations on any player in Europe who isn't a star on the national team scene. Some kids outside that group transform seemingly without any problem to the NA game and steps right into the NHL and look great, and you wonder what quality bottom lines in the NHL really have, and other struggle tremendously just to be decent in the AHL. Oscar Lindberg is a strong hockey player, no doubt. But with the speedsters/dynamos that comes over from Europe you know for sure that like no matter what, they can always fall back on their speed and contribute. I am a little more cautious on Lindberg, who in reality has to fall back on his smarts and clutch 2-way game to start with. At the same time, I wouldn't rule out him having a big impact on the other side of the spectrum.

BTW, it was a intern (litterary) who did the inteview for Hockeyligan. I feel a little sad for him if he is to blame for the correction that showed up just hrs later in Expressen, but I also want to point out that the questions about "Fasth's success" this season might be a bit misleading. Stat-wise his start last season before he broke his leg was much better than this season...

Last edited by Ola: 01-29-2013 at 11:35 AM.